[mythtv-users] Comcast just made things worse

mythtv at derdev.com mythtv at derdev.com
Thu May 6 17:57:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, 6 May 2010 10:51:13 -0700, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 08:39,  <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 May 2010 08:44:16 -0600, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net>
>>
>> The Comcast guy just literally left my home after trying to figure out
>> why
>> about a dozen channels in my Digital Starter package wouldn't tune with
>> their larger, "free" cable box (not the DTA).  After 2 hours of effort
>> and
>> talking to the escalations, they determine that the several affected
>> channels have been promoted to the next package up - Digital Classic.
>>
>> So NOW, Comcast is forcing channels up to more expensive packages after
>> they make you a captive customer of the digital services.
>
> Can you tell us which channels are moved up to the more expensive
package?

I'm in Lisle - 60532.  Comcast guys says our service is provisioned out of
Elmhurst.

There's probably 8-9 channels affected, none of which I really cared
about.
The ones I can find now as not available in spite of what the Comcast
channel lineup web applet says are:
121 DIY
124 Fine Living
132 Nick2
143 LOGO

I know there are some more, generally higher channels from here.

And, again, it's not the channels themselves, its the continued force-able
push into ever more expensive packages to maintain the same channel
lineups.