[mythtv-users] OT: Advice on choosing a TV

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Thu May 6 02:30:27 UTC 2010

On 5 May 2010 18:40, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> Sadly my old CRT (described by an engineer that once worked on it as
> from the sweet spot) has started producing slightly muffled sound.
> I'm thinking it might be time I moved to a flat panel. Is there any
> reason a MythTv buff might not want to use a Panasonic Viera?
>
> Content is still going to be almost entirely PAL SD 576i for some
> time, but I'd like to be ready for HD which is starting to be
> rolled out via UK Freeview.
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Paul.

I am a big fan of Samsung. I currently have a series 6 50" plasma.
Personally, when comparing it to the Panasonic at the time, I thought
it looked better but I think personal taste plays in here so you need
to make that call for yourself.

The Super thin LED Sumsung panels look great but are a tad expensive.

I would also look into 3D TV as well, although it is all new now so
you are paying for it, it would be a shame to not consider it now and
then find that you want to replace what you are buying in a couple of
years...

My 0.02c

Cheers

Phil