[mythtv-users] recommend PCI DVB-T Tuner Card?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu May 6 00:27:51 UTC 2010

On 04/05/2010 11:32, Ben Incani wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Can anybody please recommend a PCI DVB-T Tuner Card that I can run
> with Ubuntu 9 and MythTv?
>
> PS. how do I know if my slots are PCI-E?

I'm switching away from my PCI cards to some USB cards.  They seem to
burn less heat than the PCI cards did...

I have one of these as a trial:
     http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001RP6YL6/ref=oss_product
     (PEAK External Dual Channel DVB-T TV Tuner)

Seems to be working ok and I'm going to buy 2 more and see what
happens... I believe that this may be really saturating the USB bus, but
I am not sure what tool I can use to check that?  I don't have much else
interesting connected though

I don't believe that any PCI-E cards are yet supported under linux?
Check the linuxtv wiki?

Good luck

Ed W