[mythtv-users] LipSync Issues with HDMI and 0.22

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Wed May 5 11:16:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 13:42 -0500, James Oltman wrote:
> As some of you might remember, I'm a little anal retentive when it
> comes to my movie watching.  I have BluRay images that I want to play
> back on my 52" LCD @ 24Hz.  When I do this through Myth, lip sync is
> totally off.  Yes, I can manually change the audio delay, but how do
> other projects do this automatically?  The Popcorn Hour for instance.
> I think it's a Linux box and apparently it has no lip sync issues.  Is
> it my setup?  I'm running a 9.10 FE x64 MythBuntu box.  9500GT w/ HDMI
> out.  SPDIF from Create Audigy card to SPDIF in on 9500GT.  Do I need
> to have a GT220 w/ onboard HDMI to make this work?  Any help would be
> appreciated.  Thanks!

I have the same problem when I switch my TV to 24Hz for 24fps films when
playing with mplayer. What seems to help (workaround) is that when I do
a fastforward while playing and then return to the original playing
position with a rewind the lag is gone. I guess this is a caching issue
of some sort.

Nb when I play 24fps films with the TV still on 50Hz there are no
lipsync issues.

Jurgen