[mythtv-users] Is there a 0.23 "live" preview available in recording screen ?

Doug Scoular dscoular at cisco.com
Tue May 4 21:50:45 UTC 2010

Hi All,
    I really missed the "live" preview window that used to be in the
recordings screen of myth 0.21 and the filesystem space indicator bar
widget on the delete recordings screen.

    I was hoping that their loss was only temporary until 0.23 came out.
Does no-one else miss these features ?

    I also started wondering whether it was something peculiar to my own
install since I see that a lot of the TV settings screens mention
offloading preview generation to a "remote" backend among other
references to previews. Am I missing some setting that would at give me
back these "live" previews of recordings ?

    I'm beginning to suspect that having a database whose content dates
back to 2003 might have some bit-rot creeping into settings that should
have more modern defaults.

    Oh and if there is a way to get that old space indicator bar widget
back I'd be happy to try and edit my themes to resurrect it.

    Any advice much appreciated...

    Many thanks for myth 0.23

    Cheers,

    Doug