[mythtv-users] Upgraded system and now lirc won't work

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue May 4 04:31:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> lirc_i2c is loading second, so the IR you want to talk to is
> /dev/lirc1 instead of the default device. The config you posted later
> in this thread is using defaults, which will connect to /dev/lirc0,
> not /dev/lirc1. Blacklist lirc_it87 and reboot (so lirc_i2c is the
> only ir device driver loaded) or point your config at device
> /dev/lirc1 and you should be back in action.

Awesome, this worked.  Just added a file to /etc/modprobe.d/ called
lirc-blacklist.conf with the following stanza: "blacklist lirc_it87",
rebooted, and now all is good.

Google was not too helpful and I was not sure how to interpret the
messages I posted  Thanks, Jarod.  I was hoping you would be able to
answer that one for me and that it would be an easy fix.