[mythtv-users] Where do I find documentation on these modules?

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Mon May 3 12:38:25 UTC 2010

On 05/02/2010 04:11 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> I'm looking for documentation on the following modules:
> cx8800
> cx88Sdvb
> nxt200x
> cx88_alsa
> tuner
> tuner_simple
> tuner_types
> tda9887
> tda8290
>
> I have a script from Harry Orenstein that messes with these, and gets the analog tuner to sort of work, but I don't know what the script is doing.
> (it uses options that are not documented with modprobe)
> At the moment, it allows me to scan for channels, but viewing liveTV with the analog tuner, I get about 1 second of video before the
> picture freezes, goes black and/or starts flikering garbage every time I start viewing, or change channel.

How about modinfo?

[george at pegasus ~]$ modinfo cx8800
filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.31.9-174.fc12.i686.PAE/kernel/drivers/media/video/cx88/cx8800.ko
license:        GPL
author:         Gerd Knorr <kraxel at bytesex.org> [SuSE Labs]
srcversion:     19228D4BEF7AA7464A3FA1F
alias:          pci:v000014F1d00008800sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
depends:
videobuf-core,videobuf-dma-sg,cx88xx,v4l2-common,videodev,btcx-risc,i2c-core
vermagic:       2.6.31.9-174.fc12.i686.PAE SMP mod_unload 686
parm:           vbibufs:number of vbi buffers, range 2-32 (int)
parm:           vbi_debug:enable debug messages [vbi] (int)
parm:           video_nr:video device numbers (array of int)
parm:           vbi_nr:vbi device numbers (array of int)
parm:           radio_nr:radio device numbers (array of int)
parm:           video_debug:enable debug messages [video] (int)
parm:           irq_debug:enable debug messages [IRQ handler] (int)
parm:           vid_limit:capture memory limit in megabytes (int)
[george at pegasus ~]$

Or maybe you already tried this - not sure what you meant by options not
documented by modprobe.