[mythtv-users] 720p plasma with myth

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat May 1 05:54:06 UTC 2010

Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com> says:
> Mythtv also has xdg-screensaver support coming soon.

That's nice (and I've read the recent thread discussing this), but
what more would it offer me?

I've had xscreensaver running on my frontend since the very beginning,
years ago; even with a brief (10 minutes) timeout the built-in
routines within mythfrontend have been sufficient to prevent the
screensaver from starting when playing a recording, while properly
permitting the saver to start during Pause or outside playback. 0.22's
addition of regularly calling "xscreensaver-command -deactivate"
didn't do anything mythfrontend hadn't already been doing in this
regard, either, as far as I could tell.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array