[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR 350 and LIRC setting up

Marc Chamberlin marc at marcchamberlin.com
Wed Mar 31 19:27:52 UTC 2010

 From my searching around on the internet, and looking through this and
other mail lists, I suspect this may have been answered somewhere, but I
was not able to find any answers that I could grok.. (but lots of
chatter about this remote!)  So with possible apologies in advance, I
wonder if some kind guru could help me get my Hauppauge PVR-350 (gray)
remote completely communicating with my media computer? I am running
SuSE 11.2 x86-64 and I have installed version 0.8.5.4.1 of lirc and
version 0.8.5_2.6.31.5_0.1-4.4 of the LIRC kernel modules. Following
instructions I have also installed the kernel modules for lirc-i2c and
lirc-dev.

I am headed towards getting this working for mythTV. I have installed
and configure the .lircrc, lircd.conf and the lirc file in
/etc/sysconfig/ following instructions as best as I could. I have got it
going partially in that using ircat I can see the number keys are being
recognized, as well as the volume up/down button but nothing else.

I dunno what files or command outputs I should include so will wait
until I hear further.. So anyone willing to guide me out of these woods?
Or point me to a good website that explains in easy to understand terms
what to do? Thanks in advance...

   Marc..