[mythtv-users] Harmony 890 Wireless Extender

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Wed Mar 31 02:41:25 UTC 2010

On 30/03/2010 7:46 PM, Eric Yanush wrote:
>> Perhaps if you can tell us a little more about what you are trying to
>> do we can help.
>>
> I am following the ideas outlined here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Wireless_Extender
>    and here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup
>
> I am basically connecting the ir blaster to a serial port, via a db9
> to 3.5mm stereo which connects the extender to the mythbox.
>
> It seems to be that it is not receiving consistent signals from the
> extender, and I not sure if it was a driver bug or a connection
> problem or something else.

I see. I have not tried this. I assume you used the suggest lircd.conf
file? Aside from generating a good pattern I assume you verified the
signal quality on the wire. You can also go below irw using mode2 to see
what is coming in raw to lircd.

However, and I know this isn't what you are asking, but rather than
going this route I would consider simply getting a Veris Basic receiver.
They are about US$30 and aside from receiving the IR codes they have the
added benefit of being able to power up the system when it is off. Very
nice when you put the case in the closet as one of mine is. You then
tell the Harmony to emulate say the iMon RM200 (or any other iMon you wish).

Since you are on Knoppmyth/LinHes, the how-to is at:
http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20754
If you are still on R5.5 then there is a link to that how-to from the
above how-to.