[mythtv-users] USB video capture

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Mar 30 20:20:53 UTC 2010

On 3/30/2010 16:09, R G wrote:
> A few reasons:
>
> 1.  The first "box" is actually a slightly older laptop with no PCI slots.
>
> 2.  The second box has no PCI slots and is already running in a
> tightly packed closet.
>       The only thing I am allowed to do there is make it a dual-boot
> with MythTV as the 2nd option.
>
> 3.  The third system (just added to my list) is a travelling laptop.
>
> 4.  Each of these systems is in a different physical location,
>       being used by different people for their respective needs.

You're not allowed to just add another machine that would function as a
shared backend?  P3 grade machines are often just given away by
companies as they are upgrading.  You can pick up more powerful used
machines on the cheap.  Pick up a drive or two, a controller card if
necessary, and a few PVR-150s off ebay.  The whole thing could probably
be done for $100 and would be perfectly fine for standard definition analog.