[mythtv-users] Video Sources, scheduling and recordings history

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Mar 30 14:05:36 UTC 2010

On 30 Mar 2010, at 14:16, Mike Holden wrote:

> Andre wrote:
>> I haven't (yet) done the equivalent tear down and re-create with
>> sources, I suspect that I'm seeing some artefact of the order my
>> sources were created in which for historic reasons looks a bit wacky
>> now. I have DVBS using EIT as source 1, DVBT using EIT as source 2
>> and a subset of DVBS2 channels using xmltv as source 10. My
>> suspicion is that perhaps if DVBT was 1 and DVBS was 2 that could
>> conceivably correct the "oddities" I'm seeing.
>
> You do realise you don't need a separate source for the same
> hardware to use EIT for some channels and xmltv for others, don't
> you?

Yes thanks, I was just simplifying a little.

I have three types of cards so I have three sources, I'm getting a little more confident about the xmltv radio times source so I may use that more. Stopping working for a few days last week wasn't helpful, any re-scheduled shows in that time period would be messed up! Currently I only use it where I have no EIT available or reliable.

Andre