[mythtv-users] Harmony 890 Wireless Extender

Eric Yanush yanush2e at uregina.ca
Tue Mar 30 02:13:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else out there is using the harmony 890 with the remote extender connected via serial?

I picked up an 890 for $110 a couple of days ago, and rigged up and serial to 3.5mm stereo cable.

Using several profiles, I cannot seem to get this to function correctly.
If I use the default knoppmyth profile and knoppmyth lircd.conf, after about 100 repeat presses of one button irw will register 1 press.

Using irrecord I get to the point where I enter in my first button name and record it, but it ALWAYS spits back "Something Went Wrong"??

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Eric