[mythtv-users] Graphic cards supporting VDPAU and sound over HDMI

R. Ramesh rramesh at verizon.net
Tue Mar 30 00:34:53 UTC 2010

I am not sure why my postings become html when I have explicitly marked
this list as text-only recipient.

> I do not thing there is a big difference in price between GDDR5 vs
> GDDR3 (at least not enough when<br>
> you consider that you are likely to keep it for a few years). Per
> hardware review, there is noticeable difference in<br>
> graphics performance (not in the VDPAU area, but in other areas), I
> would go with GDDR5.
>
> You can get 1GB GGR5 for about $100 and 1GB GDDR3 for about $80. You
> can also have a 51MB GDDR5 for $80.<br>
> I&nbsp; will not worry about the $20. However, a couple of days ago, newegg
> had a 512MB GDDR5 for $55 after rebate. That is a different story :-)

I do not thing there is a big difference in price between GDDR5 vs
GDDR3 (at least not enough when you consider that you are likely to keep
it for a few years). Per
hardware review, there is noticeable difference in
graphics performance (not in the VDPAU area, but in other areas), I
would go with GDDR5.

You can get 1GB GGR5 for about $100 and 1GB GDDR3 for about $80. You
can also have a 51MB GDDR5 for $80.
I will not worry about the $20. However, a couple of days ago, newegg
had a 512MB GDDR5 for $55 after rebate. That is a different story :-)

Ramesh