[mythtv-users] 8400 VDPAU only Bob2x

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Mar 29 22:18:33 UTC 2010

On 29 Mar 2010, at 20:28, Dan Armbrust wrote:

> Why is it so hard for them to design a card that stays within a single
> slot space?  I mean, if they need two slots for cooling, why don't
> they make it obvious, and make it use two full slots?  The game of
> looking like it will fit in one slot, but not quite... is rather
> frustrating.

And why can't they mount the GPU on the backside and hang the heatsink into that almost always empty area if they must take up more than one slot! Or even throw a heatpipe over the top if they don't want to pay for double sided assembly and flow soldering. :-(

Even the aftermarket gpu coolers with heatpipes seem to still take up that second slot, a real pain when you are trying to cram 27 tuners into a mini atx system ;-P

Andre