[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 2250 causes dropped network packets

Eric H. Johnson ejohnson at camalytics.com
Mon Mar 29 21:42:46 UTC 2010

Hey John,

You hang out in these parts too? Away from EMC I mean.

I don't think I can be of much help yet as I just started trying to get a
Myth configuration going. I also have the 2250, but I have been having other
problems with my network. I think related to the wireless (I don't have
anything hard wired in the living room, so have to go over the wireless). I
am having problems with devices staying attached to the wireless network,
but this was happening before I even started with Myth, although it is now
significantly worse.

If I get a chance to put my Myth box on the hardwired network, I will see if
I can duplicate your results.

Regards,
Eric

Currently, both are zero (my lspci results with and without the tuner
are
at http://paste.ubuntu.com/405203/ )

I'll try increasing the NIC latency tonight, but since the tuner is PCI
express, this wiki page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PCI_Latency seems to
indicate that it won't make a difference.  (See the paragraph about PCIe
near the bottom of the page.)  I don't know whether the NIC is PCI or
PCIe, since it is onboard.  Is there anything in the lspci results that
would tell me?

I wonder if I should be looking at the latency numbers for the PCI
bridges?  When I install the tuner, I also get another bridge in the
lspci listing...