[mythtv-users] Getting rid of a phantom tuner

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 29 18:36:57 UTC 2010

On 03/29/2010 11:13 AM, Johnny Walker wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM, spp10 wrote:
>
>> I discovered by accident that if you cursor to the tuner and hit the
>> delete key (it might have been the d key) a dialog comes up asking if
>> you want to delete the tuner.
>>
> Ah - the old - 'd' is for delete but there's no instructions on the screen
> /feature/ strikes again.
>
> I can submit a patch to put that text on that screen - I'm not sure if these
> trivial changes are welcome by the devs though.

The themer should be able to design the screen however he/she desires.
There is a plan to enable F1-type help popups on all the screens,
similar to the one in Watch Recordings.

As Stuart M mentioned in http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/18581 ,
"One of the goals for mythui will be to add a help popup for each screen
listing keys useful in that context."  And, IIRC, Stuart M and Paul H
have done some of them.

Mike