[mythtv-users] PVR-500 second tuner not working in Fedora 12

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:43:22 UTC 2010

I had a MythTV-0.21-fixes setup working in CentOS 5.2, but decided to
upgrade to MythTV-0.22 on Fedora 12 recently.  I am now encountering issues
with my PVR-500 that previously worked fine under CentOS 5.

Tuner #1 of the PVR-500 works fine with no issues.  However, tuner #2 has
been terrible.  When first switching to tuner 2, everything seems okay.
However, once a channel change is performed about 2 out of every 3 times,
the video looks okay, but the audio is completely scrambled.  It is a loud,
metallic grinding type sound that one would assume damages speakers at a
normal volume.

As an example, supposed I first tune to channel 45 -- usually the audio is
okay on the first tuning, then I change to channel 46 (the audio will
inevitably be screwed up), and then change back to 45, the audio will
probably be screwed up on channel 45 as well.  So channels that previously
had "good audio" seem to go bad after a channel change.  The only exception
to this appears to be channel 2.  But I don't know why.

I am not sure if this is similar to the "audio glitch" problem that was
mentioned on this list and the wiki; but the suggested fixes don't seem to
work.  This might be because the suggestions were for older versions of
linux and the tools no longer function.

Anyone have any solutions?  Where do I start to look for problems?

Thanks!