[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 2250 causes dropped network packets

John Kasunich jmkasunich at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 29 16:01:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:32 +0200, "Jan Ceuleers"
<jan.ceuleers at computer.org> wrote:
> John Kasunich wrote:
> > Networking works fine when the Hauppauge 2250 PCI Express tuner
> > card is not in the machine.
> >
> > When I installed the tuner card, I started getting 5-15% dropped
> > packets.
>
> Can you check what the PCI latency timers on your devices are set
> to, and whether increasing the latency timer on your NIC relative
> to the tuner helps?

Currently, both are zero (my lspci results with and without the tuner
are
at http://paste.ubuntu.com/405203/ )

I'll try increasing the NIC latency tonight, but since the tuner is PCI
express, this wiki page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PCI_Latency seems to
indicate that it won't make a difference.  (See the paragraph about PCIe
near the bottom of the page.)  I don't know whether the NIC is PCI or
PCIe, since it is onboard.  Is there anything in the lspci results that
would tell me?

I wonder if I should be looking at the latency numbers for the PCI
bridges?  When I install the tuner, I also get another bridge in the
lspci listing...

John Kasunich

--
  John Kasunich