[mythtv-users] mythstream stuck at v 0.18 on 0.22 mythtv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 28 14:34:25 UTC 2010

On 03/28/2010 10:24 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 28/03/10 15:05, Dave M G wrote:
>

>>> Note that MythStream != MythStreamTV.
>>>

>>   >  I have no idea which one Dave actually wants.  MythNetVision is more
>>

>>> like MythStream (the one that's not dead) than
>>>

>> What I want to be able to do is listen to internet radio streams, like
>> ShoutCast and others via my MythTV computer.
>>
>> I don't really mind which particular software does it.
>>
>> MythStreamTV seems to be about video streams. I'm only after music and
>> radio.
>>
> I hope to add ShoutCast support to MythMusic during the re-write to MythUI.

For Dave (and in case you hadn't found it), Micah's patch for that is at:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7868

Note, though, Dave, that it does modify the MythMusic database schema
version, so it's critical that if you use the patch that you undo the
database schema changes and reset the MythMusic database schema version
before upgrading to newer versions of MythMusic/mythplugins (or, really,
just to be safe, before upgrading to newer versions of MythTV).
Otherwise, if updates are applied in a different order from the one the
patch indicates, you will break your MythMusic database schema.  (So,
you could apply the patch and use it through all of MythTV 0.23-fixes,
but when you upgrade to 0.24-fixes (or trunk), you'll need to manually
undo the changes to the database.  You can generally assume any upgrade
within -fixes won't modify the database schema version.  In trunk, you
should assume every single revision change modifies the schema
version--or read the code to know for sure which ones do.)

Mike