[mythtv-users] mythstream stuck at v 0.18 on 0.22 mythtv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 28 14:22:46 UTC 2010

On 03/28/2010 10:05 AM, Dave M G wrote:

> > Note that MythStream != MythStreamTV.
> >
> > I have no idea which one Dave actually wants.  MythNetVision is
> > more like MythStream (the one that's not dead) than
>
>  What I want to be able to do is listen to internet radio streams,
>  like ShoutCast and others via my MythTV computer.
>
>  I don't really mind which particular software does it.
>
>  MythStreamTV seems to be about video streams. I'm only after music
>  and radio.

Then you want MythStream, not MythStreamTV.

MythStreamTV is about streaming video /to/ your laptop somewhere on the
Internet from your MythTV box.

MythStream is about playing audio and video streams /from/ the Internet.

MythNetVision is primarily about playing video streams /from/ the Internet.

TTBOMK, there's also a patch floating around (from Micah Galizia, IIRC)
for adding audio stream playback (at least ShoutCast streams) to MythMusic.

Mike