[mythtv-users] mythstream stuck at v 0.18 on 0.22 mythtv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 28 13:57:16 UTC 2010

On 03/28/2010 06:09 AM, Richard Morton wrote:
> On 28 March 2010 10:57, Dave M G wrote:
>
>> MythTV users,
>>
>> I have Mythbuntu 9.10, with Mythtv 0.22 installed.
>>
>> The other day I went to play some internet radio streams and noticed the
>> option was missing.
>>
>> I checked Synaptic to make sure the plug in for streaming, which I
>> believe is mythstream, was installed.
>>
>> It's not, so simply clicked to install it. Then a window came up saying
>> I'd have to completely uninstall all of my current MythTV packages.
>>
>> That's when I noticed that my Synaptic says that the latest version of
>> mythstream is 0.18. I guess if I try and install that, it's going to try
>> and revert all of MythTV back to that version. Which, needless to say,
>> is not the desired result.
>>
>> I looked on the net to see if perhaps mythstream has been supplanted by
>> another package, but it seems there should be a mythstream 0.22
>>
>> So my question is, how do I upgrade the package or in some way get
>> internet streaming back?
>>
>> Thank you for any advice
>>
> my synaptics says 0.18-1-0ubuntu8
>
> looking at the page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythStreamTV
>
> seems to indicate that it has not been updated and it no longer works;
> at least without modifications.

Note that MythStream != MythStreamTV.

MythStream: http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~moongies/streamtuned.html
MythSteamTV: http://mythstreamtv.sourceforge.net/ (which last had a
release on Jan 27, 2005)

I have no idea which one Dave actually wants.  MythNetVision is more
like MythStream (the one that's not dead) than like MythStreamTV.

Mike