[mythtv-users] Can't watch LiveTV with the Hauppauge HD-PVR

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 01:12:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 09:36 -0600, Ian Engelhardt wrote:
<snip>
> Also I believe part of this problem, when quitting the Mythfrontend,
> it stalls and takes like 3 minutes to eventually quit. The program
> outputs messages like these while its apparently trying to look for a
> drive it can write to:
>
> mount: can't find /dev/sdb in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
> 2010-03-26 18:38:41.521 Failed to mount /dev/sdb.
<snip>

Not much help, but I think you've listed 2 issues and this is
for the 2nd part (not the Live TV problem.)

If your new system has a CD/DVD and memory card reader(s)
(/dev/sd[bcd] based on your post) read on, otherwise ignore
this reply.

If you look in mythfrontend Utilities/Setup->Setup->
General->Media Monitor (7th page),

and Monitor CD/DVD (and other removable devices) is checked,

Then uncheck it and /restart/ the frontend.  See
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7135 for details and
other workarounds.

Good luck,

Bill Meek