[mythtv-users] Unable to upgrade DB

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 27 22:43:56 UTC 2010

On 03/27/2010 02:33 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 3/27/2010 13:25, Oz Dror wrote:
>> I fixed the problem by editing  the data base using mysql-query-browser
>> I removed old system in the setting record.
> Explain EXACTLY what you did.  Manual editing of the database is ill 
> advised, because as so clearly demonstrated, you have NO idea what 
> you're doing.
> As I explained, the error you pasted said that your 0.23 frontend was 
> trying to connect to your 0.22 backend.  The fact that after whatever 
> you did, it is now working means that at some point, you restarted the 
> backend process, allowing the new 0.23 executable to start up.  
> Remember, this isn't Windows, you can delete and edit files right out 
> from under a running program.  When the 0.23 backend started for the 
> first time, it would have automatically upgraded your database to 0.23 
> standards.
> Hopefully whatever you did was something innocuous, that won't harm 
> anything.  If you changed the 'DBSchemaVer' to what 0.23 expects, you 
> have now broken your database.  You must close all MythTV processes, 
> and edit that setting back to 1244, before starting the backend up to 
> allow it to properly upgrade things to the structure it will be trying 
> to use.

Or better, drop your database and restore the backup you made before you 
attempted to upgrade (and definitely before you edited anything).



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list