[mythtv-users] .23 timing issue launching backend editor

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 20:25:49 UTC 2010

Now that I'm trying the early .23 release, I see this timing issue
when I close myth front end, and launch the backend configuration
tool:

First it asks if it should stop the backend (like normal) - I say yes.
The backend configuration tool comes up with 2 stacked errors.
The top one says something along the lines of "Cannot contact backend
database at x.x.x.x"
I hit OK on that, and then the second one says something like "You
can't run the mythbackend config tool while mythbackend is running.
Stop Myth Backend?"
I hit OK on that, and then it seems to work correctly.

So it would appear that it first detects that the backend is still
running, tosses up an error, then immediately detects that the
shutdown finished, and tosses up a second error.

This didn't happen under .22.  Should I file a bug?

Thanks,

Dan