[mythtv-users] HDMI audio stutters, was: mythbackend still eats memory: the current status

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 27 06:12:16 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-23 15:08, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Mythbackend runs solidly so far, despite the RSS growth
> I'll try to fix the audio issues for the frontend this weekend and after
> that we may be able to start the valgrind sessions...

Well, the HDMI audio is harder than I thought.
Yes, we enable it in the BIOS, we edit xorg.conf to have radeonhd also
do HDMI audio. We see the card in /proc/asound/cards.
Then we run a test.

I am getting repeated sounds when using speakertest:
FronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFronFron... RontRontRontRont... etc.

See https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4965 for
details about the bug.

It's a Jetway NC81-LF w/ ATI HD3200 onboard video, HDMI connection to
the TV. Video works great, adding audio gives stuttering effects.

Any ideas on how to debug and/or fix this?

Kind regards,
Udo