[mythtv-users] iPhone + <remote_software> + LIRC over network to control mythtv?

Comments comments at mecworks.com
Fri Mar 26 15:08:43 UTC 2010

On 03/26/2010 08:39 AM, Johnny Walker wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Comments <comments at mecworks.com
> <mailto:comments at mecworks.com>> wrote:
[snip]
>     Anyone know of one or more remote software packages that run on the
>     iPhone that work with LIRC to control a Myth front end?
>
>     Thanks,
>

> I don't know of anything that runs on the iPhone and then interfaces to
> LIRC - since the iPhone doesn't have an IR blaster. Unless you buy one
> and add it on.
>
> I use Remotux - it does what LIRC does - takes input and translates it
> into keyboard and mouse events on the myth frontend.
>
> Many of us were very excited at it's ease of use and configuration.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Actually, LIRC will talk over a network too.  It's the server piece that
is used with and HDHomeRun receiver's IR <-> network repeater feature:

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/instructions/mythtv

Ideally, I'd like to find a remote for the iPhone that can just talk
over the network to LIRC like the HDHR does.

--
Marc