[mythtv-users] Overlapping recordings on SAME channel w/ one tuner

Jeff Evans jeffe at tricab.com
Fri Mar 26 00:03:32 UTC 2010

> IMHO, your buying additional capture cards is /immensely/ cheaper
> than the amount of code required to do what you're asking.
>
> If you don't have enough capture cards to record what you want,
> you need more capture cards.

Ahh, but I'm using a STB, and each extra STB needs an extra
subscription, an extra blaster, an extra capture card.. etc...

This setup quickly becomes unwieldy and costly.

> Please read (all 5 pages of) the thread at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/195124#195124 for
> a small sampling of some of the things you're forgetting.  Though
> that's all related to "soft padding," many of the same issues occur
> when trying to do overlapping recordings.

Thanks for the ref.
I do realise that this feature isn't straight forward.
I'm just curious as to whether there is any interest in pursuing its
implementation.

Cheers, Jeff.