[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.10 sleeping

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Mar 25 18:35:58 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Francis Hartojo" <fhartojo at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.10 sleeping

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 5:48 AM, Joseph Kezar <joseph.kezar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've installed mythbuntu 9.10 on 2 frontends and 1 backend. When a frontend
> is left alone for an extended period of time and I go to press a button on
> the remote it takes 30-45 seconds to revive. Once fully awaken and
> refreshed the frontends performs fine without delays. Is there some kind of
> low power mode the frontends are entering and how do I turn it off?

>Not sure if it's the same thing---I'm still on MB 9.04---but, could it
be the screensaver?

I've noticed this too, could it be a claytons screen saver - one that has sort of tried to go off but not fully set as its clearly
not in obvious screen saver mode, but it is recovering from something...?  Full screen saver also works if left long enough for me,
that is the displays turn off, but perhaps that's not the same thing?