[mythtv-users] Good USB IR receiver for MythTV?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:11:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Matt Goebel <matt at goebelnet.com> wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a USB IR receiver that I can use with a Logitech Harmony
>>> series remote.  I know the harmony can emulate an MCE remote, and those come
>>> with USB IR receivers, but my concern is that those may only pick up a
>>> limited number of IR codes.  Ultimately I'd like map just about every MythTV
>>> keyboard  shortcut out in an lirc.conf so I can do everything with a remote.
>>>  Will any MCE USB receiver work like this, only some, none?  If not is there
>>> another receiver that would work?
>>>

>> I just picked up one of these -
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Dell-RC6-Reciever-Microsoft-receivers/dp/B0031YBF9M
>>
>> Using this with All For One remote.  Should work with any RC6 compatible remote.
>>
>> Was previously using USB stick IR receiver.  While it worked, it was
>> sometimes hard to get consistent transmissions when pointing.
>>
>> This IR receiver works when even bouncing the signal off the wall or ceiling.
>>

> Oops -
>
> One For All .  One of these days I'll get it right.
>
> http://www.oneforall.com/

I bought a Streamzap remote from buy.com for under $30 and its USB
receiver works fine with my Harmony 5200. It's a few bucks more than
the above mentioned receiver but includes an entire remote, which can
come in handy.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=streamzap&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14398722091569336593&ei=lmCrS6nCNo-1tgegwqHbDw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CB8Q8wIwAg#ps-sellers