[mythtv-users] Motherboards that support suspend to RAM (s2ram)

Martin Ginkel martin.ginkel at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 24 09:31:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

2010/3/22 Ryan Rustong <ryan.rustong at gmail.com>:
>> I didn't think there was a setting on this motherboard, but I was wrong.
>> Set to S3 it now suspends to RAM.
>>
> Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was just curious about the reliability of
> suspending and resuming your frontend.  Are you able to suspend and resume
> from the remote?  Do you have a script that runs to do the suspend and then
> ensure things start cleanly again on resume?

I'm using Mythbuntu (latest .22-fixes).
I installed the packages for suspending/resuming just from the ubuntu repos.
Ubuntu figured the options for suspend automagically, I just copied
them to my script.

The suspend is done by running the script with sudo, I write the
wakeup time to some
file in sysfs and then suspend with box with s2disk or s2ram.
Upon wakeup I restart the frontend session manually and reset the
LCD/lirc as the
driver does not survive suspend. This can be done in /etc/pm/start

Sleep with the remote can be done via the mythfrontend exit menu.
Wakeup is easy for me, as the remote is Soundgraph imon, which
directly triggers the
soft powerbutton.

So far it works quite stable.

         Martin