[mythtv-users] viewer falls asleep with the EPG open - plasma burn in concerns

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:15:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net>wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 19:30 -0600, Johnny Walker wrote:
> > So the only way I can think to protect my Plasma from EPG burn-in
> > (aside from never falling asleep) would be to re-enable it when the
> > EPG is loaded on the screen, even if I'm still in LIVETV mode.
> >
> > Does this sound correct?
>
> Yes, sounds reasonable.
>
> In working on this I found the following in the code
libmythui/screensaver-x11.cpp:

if (m_timeoutInterval == -1)
        {
            m_timeoutInterval = GetMythDB()->GetNumSettingOnHost(
                "xscreensaverInterval", GetMythDB()->GetHostName(), 50) *
1000;
        }

        if (m_timeoutInterval > 0)
            StartTimer();

I don't seem to have 'xscreensaverInterval' in my settings table.

I grepped my working copy of .22 and I don't see it mentioned anywhere else.

The reason I'm asking is - I've put 'xset s 60 60' in my .xsessionrc file
and somehow it's getting changed to 0 which is making my screensaver not
happen when I'm paused.

I added a call to EnableScreensaver to the NuppelVideoPlayer::Pause method
but since 'xset q' shows it's back at 0 it does me no good. When I manually
'xset s 60 60' again however, it starts working as expected.

Do any of you know what gives?

-Johnny