[mythtv-users] 24fps Movies and new 120Hz LCD TV

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Tue Mar 23 23:00:52 UTC 2010

> > some video funkiness.  I can fix it if I start a region 1 ISO of a
> DVD then
> > exit.  It updates the refresh rate to 60Hz and all is well again.  I
> think
> > there should be a setting for refresh rate of the GUI and a dynamic
> refresh
> > rate for material.
>
> Why?
> How does having a 24Hz refresh rate or 60Hz refresh rate makes any
> difference for displaying a static content like a menu ?

I would suggest MythTV should put things back "the way it found it" after
playing a video.  There may be other programs the user wishes to run on the
FE machine that doesn't like the new refresh rate, e.g. playing games via
MythGame, watching streams with MythNetVision, alt-tabbing to another
program, or launching a different player from MythVideo for a different
filetype.

I haven't actually tried running with 24Hz, so maybe it already does some of
this, and I don't know what I'm talking about.  Wouldn't be the first time.
:)

-- Kevin