[mythtv-users] Swapping master and slave backends

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Tue Mar 23 14:24:08 UTC 2010

After a busy winter, I'm finally back to working on my myth systems.  I've
been migrating all of my server duties (including myth) to a little QNAP
TS-219P NAS box running debian.  I'm almost finished the migration, but now
its time to finish dealing with myth.  I already have the database running on
this machine, as well as the file storage folders.  No problems there.  It is
also currently running as a slave backend.

Now I need to swap master and slave duties.  The old MBE will become a slave
that will wake on demand for recording and commflagging duties.

Is this just a matter of stopping both backends and adjusting the settings in
the first screen of mythtv-setup?  Is there anything else that I should watch
out for.

Thanks,

Mark