[mythtv-users] Problems with nuvexport and single episode shows

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Tue Mar 23 00:44:52 UTC 2010

On 03/21/10 22:24, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:
>> I'd like to find some way to get this generally available for Gentoo
>> users.  The real fix was in MythTV, not on nuvexport.  Do you have any
>> idea when this will make it out into mythtv-0.22-fixes, so Gentoo can
>> pick it up?  Your 20100301 snapshot of nuvexport should be good enough,
>> unless you have something more recent you'd like us to get.
>
> I had no plans of backporting to 0.22-fixes as 0.23 is due to come out
> any time now.  The real fix was in the MythTV perl bindings, which are
> primarily used by nuvexport.  Semantics. :)  I guess I could backport
> that one change, but it seems rather pointless to me as we are going
> to do a release real soon now, etc.
>
> Anyways, gentoo users can use trunk, last I heard.  I'm not sure the details.
>
> After 0.23 is released, there are a bunch of things to change in
> nuvexport anyways.  We are currently in feature freeze, so I haven't
> done them yet.

Last night's nuvexport didn't finish - that happens every now and then.
 It died 97% of the way through the first pass.  Usually it works on a
retry - I suspect there's some timing relation.

But the real news is that I went back and touched my recording profiles
- did nothing more than walk through the menus.  Now when I dump the
database, those fields are no longer null.  What's more, I can use the
first command you gave me to ID the mpeg file, and it works.  I don't
need the "-demuxer lavf" flag.  In addition mplayer now has sound, and
the hate-mail is gone.  In essence, it's all fixed.

One side note...  Last night when I started nuvexport, it was running at
about half the speed I normally get, perhaps a bit less.  I suspect that
the same factors causing mplayer to emit all of the hate-mail were
giving transcode problems as well, causing the slowdown and eventual
premature death.

So I strongly suspect your 20100301 snapshot is sufficient for Gentoo,
along with walking through the recording profiles.

I also realize that my fear of 0.23 is probably spawned by the
difficulty of the 0.22 migration, and probably the move to 0.23 won't be
nearly so bad.  It certainly wasn't bad moving through 0.19->0.20->0.21.

Thanks,
Dale