[mythtv-users] Debugging nuvexport in trunk

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Mar 22 08:04:30 UTC 2010

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> I'm trying to export from H264 (the local broadcast HD standard) to Xvid
>> that I know my underpowered Via Epia will handle.
>>
>> I got a pretty meaningless error message saying that the output
>> parameters
>> were incorrect. How do I debug this further?
>
> Well, the error message itself might be useful.

If it hadn't scrolled off the top of the xterm I'd have it!! I was looking
for debug options, which I can't find, or some sort of dry run option.

I've just started another session, all defaults, in a few hours when it
gets to the failure point I'll report the actual error.

You have chosen to export 1 episode:

  1. Grand Designs:
     The Contemporary Cedar Clad Home, Stirling (Sat Mar 20 07:30 PM)
1920x1088 H264 (16:9)
     Theo and Elaine decide to settle by building a house sourced from all
over
     the world.

* Separate multiple episodes with spaces, or ranges with '-'

  c. Continue
  n. Choose another show
  q. Quit

Choose a function, or episode(s) to remove:  c
Where would you like to export the files to? [.]
Enable Myth cutlist? [Yes]
Enable noise reduction (slower, but better results)? [No]
Enable deinterlacing? [Yes]
Crop broadcast overscan border (0-5%) ? [1.5]
Audio bitrate? [128]
Variable bitrate video? [Yes]
Multi-pass (slower, but better quality)? [Yes]
Video bitrate? [768]
Default resolution based on requested dimensions.
Width? [512]
Height? [288]

Now encoding:  Grand Designs:  The Contemporary Cedar Clad Home, Stirling
Encode started:  Mon Mar 22 20:54:48 2010
First pass...
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Starting ffmpeg.

>> ffmpeg -version
>> FFmpeg version SVN-r20373, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et
>> al.
>>  built on Jan  9 2010 12:18:22 with gcc 4.3.4
>
> Umm, not sure that will work.  nuvexport wants a version of 0.5 and
> above, and I'm not sure if this SVN version will qualify.  Where is
> this from anyways?

Thats the latest stable Gentoo version - media-video/ffmpeg-0.5_p20373 -
to give its full emerge name and version, so I guess that falls into the
0.5 and above category.

--
Robin Gilks