[mythtv-users] Problems with nuvexport and single episode shows

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 23:09:19 UTC 2010

n Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:
> Better, but not quite there yet.  In your "forcing the use of the ffmpeg
> lavf demuxer" clause, you don't set "$info{'audio_bits_per_sample'}, so
> the command line comes out with "-e 32000,,2", and there's a line of
> hate-mail about the missing parameter.  I thought there might be a
> chance the "-e 32000,,2" syntax might be accepted, so I tried it anyway
> - no-go.  (I tried copying the audio_bits_per_sample clause into the
> conditional, but that didn't work, either - same uninitialized string.)

Oh great.  Missed a spot, eh?  OK, I'll have to take a look again in a moment.

> I'm not sure what you mean about using nuvexport from the 0.23 trunk,
> because your fix was over in MytTV itself.  Are you meaning that you
> intend to try a different fix in nuvexport alone, or will whatever you
> do for the longer run be dependent on what you've done in MythTV?

nuvexport uses the MythTV perl bindings, which is where the change was
made.  Sorry for the confusion.

> In any case, I see now that I am free to update my recording profiles,
> because you're grabbing this information from the file itself, not from
> the database.

Yes, we are for now.  Sometime after 0.23 is released, I hope to
change that around such that that information is in the database, but
we certainly aren't there now.

> In the long run, I'm assuming things are getting close, and will get
> fixed.  Wherever the working nuvexport winds up, it would be good if you
> could make another snapshot.  I'll then push that through to the folks
> at Gentoo.  We've barely migrated to 0.22 here, so 0.23 is a ways off.
> But nuvexport seems to be fairly version insensitive.  I suspect that my
> current problems are because I never set up recording profiles after
> migrating the partially-corrupt, fixed database to 0.22.

nuvexport is fairly version insensitive from 0.22 on, but not
completely.  When 0.23 is released, I'm sure the people making the
ebuilds will be grabbing the newer version of nuvexport in the
process.

Not a problem.  I'll try to go fix that bits per sample bogon...