[mythtv-users] Problems with nuvexport and single episode shows

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Sun Mar 21 16:13:17 UTC 2010

On 03/19/10 21:57, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:
>>> mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 0 -identify
> OK, maybe try the second one with -frames 1 instead of 0?
> This is what I expected to see.
>> ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
>> And for the second recording:
> Nasty, it didn't re-identify like the first file.  This is what I
> expected.  With -frames 1, this may be better.  Also try adding to the
> mplayer command lines (for both):
> -demuxer lavf
> Did you say the second file was the same audio format as the first?
I'm guessing that this has something to do with "recording profiles".
Here are the database entries for my old (1214) profiles :
(2,'Live TV','RTjpeg','MP3',1),
(3,'High Quality','RTjpeg','MP3',1),
(4,'Low Quality','RTjpeg','MP3',1),
(5,'Default','MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder','MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder',2),
(6,'Live TV','MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder','MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder',2),
(7,'High Quality','MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder','MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder',2),
(8,'Low Quality','MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder','MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder',2),
(24,'Live TV',NULL,NULL,8),
(25,'High Quality',NULL,NULL,8),
(26,'Low Quality',NULL,NULL,8),
(27,'High Quality','RTjpeg','MP3',6),
(28,'Medium Quality','RTjpeg','MP3',6),
(29,'Low Quality','RTjpeg','MP3',6),

And here are the database entries for my new (1244) profiles :

Now that I look, the 'description' and 'profile group' entries obviously
change between profiles, but what I believe is key here are the
'videocodec' and 'audiocodec' values.  For all of the new/1244 profiles,
they're "NULL", and for at least profile groups 1 and 2 in the old/1214
profiles, there were sensible values there.  Now that I look again, I'm
still not seeing "48000" or "32000" in either, though I suspect that the
latter is some sort of default setting of the card.

I believe the problem here is my setup, though perhaps nuvexport could
be a little more robust about handling erroneous input.  Right now I'm
more wondering 2 things:
1 - Can I slip some values in "under the covers" so nuvexport can make
sense of what it sees when it looks at my recordings?
2 - Should I be changing these "default" values to something a little
better?  For instance, next time I try playing 32000 Hz sampled audio on
my fixed-48000 Hz sampling AC97 audio system, will the annoying audible
artifacts be back, again.
3 - (cheating) How can I reconcile #1 and #2?  Assuming I do #1 and make
nuvexport start working, as soon as I do #2 to make future recordings
better, will nuvexport quit working on current recordings?