[mythtv-users] Noob mythvideo questions

Eric H. Johnson ejohnson at camalytics.com
Sat Mar 20 15:04:04 UTC 2010

Hello,

I just joined this list, so I apologize if I am asking questions that have
been answered many times before.

I just setup my first MythTV configuration with Mythbuntu 9.04. I have a
backend and frontend basically working. I was next trying to configure
mythvideo as described here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo

I have two main questions.

1> Under "Setting Up Video/Image Storage Groups", item #2 says:
"In Storage Group configuration, set up directories for each of the
following: Videos, Trailers, Fanart, Banners, Screenshots, and Coverart."

Does that mean to set up groups for each or put it under an existing group?
I assumed the latter and tried to put them under the "default" group. When I
do this, a slash ('/') keeps getting added to the end of the path. Then when
I exit mythbackend I get errors of the form "Cannot create a file
/path/to/folder//.test - Directory is not writable?". How do I get rid of
the extra '/'? Also, how do I delete these entries? I do not see a delete
option, and blanking the line results in just '/' as the path.

2> Step 4 says 'Enter MythVideo. Press the "M" (MENU) key and choose "Scan
For Changes."' At the risk of proving that I cannot find a bull fiddle in a
phone booth, how exactly does one "Enter MythVideo". I do not see such a
selection either in the backend or front end, or as a stand-alone
application. The mythvideo package is installed and "Applications and
Plugins" in "Control Centre" shows that the MythVideo plugin is checked.

Thanks,
Eric