[mythtv-users] Reassemble RAID with mdadm

Phillip Barnett phillip.p.barnett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 13:43:41 UTC 2010

I've got 320 disks in an Avid ISIS (not strictly RAID, but obscure
algorithmic data spreading) array running 24/7, and lost about 3 in
the past year, so about 1% a year.
Granted these disks are probably not consumer grade, but I put 4
Maxtor disks in two Tivos in 2001, and they're still running, and
actually recording every second of every day since.

Anecdata, eh!

Phillip

Sent from my iPhone