[mythtv-users] sale on HDHomeRun

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri Mar 19 03:42:51 UTC 2010

Andrew wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info
> <mailto:support at drdos.info>> wrote:
>
>     Erik Hovland wrote:
>
>         A price cut on the HDHomeRun @ Newegg:
>         http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-TechBargains&cm_mmc=AFC-TechBargains-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16815327005
>         <http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-TechBargains&cm_mmc=AFC-TechBargains-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16815327005>
>
>         $99 is not too shabby. It turns out that the promo code works on any
>         HDHomeRun (even the one tuner one). But the two tuner product is
>         the one to
>

>     Excellent!

> Any info on the new one coming out?  I love mine...

I was trolling the Silicon Dust forums for another issue and saw an intriguing
post. It was *suggested* that the CableCard version, *might* allow
non-approved software (that is, MythTV) to make recordings of encoded streams
that are flagged as "copy freely."

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8108

Or the key post from jasonl:

"If the channel is flagged with copy protection it will definitely require
CableLabs-approved software (which currently means WMC 7) to receive. We are
working with CableLabs to determine the usability of copy-freely channels in
alternative programs."