[mythtv-users] Diagnosing missing recordings

Oliver Maunder mail at olivermaunder.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 21:49:57 UTC 2010

Hi

Once or twice a day I get recordings where the video file is missing.
Myth seems to be under the impression that everything's fine, and
there's an entry in the database for the recording but no file.
Mythweb shows a "B" in the file size column.

I'm turned on logging for the recordings with "-v record" but I can't
see any difference in the logs between successful recordings and
failed ones. According to the logs, the recording starts and stops OK,
but no file is created.

I've got three DVB-T tuners in my backend. This issue doesn't seem to
be limited to a particular tuner or channel, and my signal strength is
generally pretty good.

Does anyone have any ideas of what else I can do to diagnose this problem?

Olly