[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu frontend upgrade to 9.10 - Myth ignores keyboard input

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Thu Mar 18 17:51:04 UTC 2010

>> Thanks Mike - I didn't have to enable it in the bios (is that what you
>> thought I meant?) just in ubuntu - it was like it missed the fact that a
>> cable was plugged in or something when it came up.  Could the cmos
>> battery
>> cause that?
>>
>> It's a pretty new machine - maybe 18 months old.
>>
> Yeah, 18 months - but who knows how long the components were sitting on
> the
> shelf before it was built? The manufacturer probably has a bin of coin
> batteries, who knows if they are properly used in rotation?

True enough.

Thanks for the help - it turns out that the timezone didn't match between
the backend and the frontend, and it was just taking a really really long
time to exit, and not providing any feedback in the meantime.  I just
wasn't patient enough to see it happen :)

Everything is working great now.

Greg