[mythtv-users] Poor Signal Strength

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Thu Mar 18 16:43:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Andre Newman
<mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
> So am I likely to find out which cards get any extra attention by lurking on the lkml?

Depends.  Sometimes companies get credited for the work in the patches
or the call for testers (making it obvious that the work was sponsored
by a commercial party).  Other times it silently happens and you have
to study the patches to fully understand the implications on a given
piece of hardware.  Unless you're paying for the work yourself,
figuring out what products other companies are paying to see improved
can be a bit of a challenge.

> I believe there isn't a separate v4l-dvb list any more.

The linux-dvb and v4l mailing lists are deprecated, and were merged
into the "linux-media" mailing list.  See here for more info:
http://linuxtv.org/lists.php

> And if I ever get the project that I was testing DVBS cards for off the ground I'll know where to ask around to fund some driver TLC.

KernelLabs specializes in such work (http://www.kernellabs.com).  Not
that this should be seen as a solicitation.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com