[mythtv-users] MythTV in the UK

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 11:08:47 UTC 2010

Another Sillyname wrote:

>Errr....Just a few of us.

Me too !

>You'd be better going for a DVB-S2 card to give you protection as some
>of the broadcasts could change to S2 in the near future.
>
>The Hauppauge DVB-S2 works pretty well for a PCI card, however the TBS
>6890 seems to be close to having a working Linux driver and as well as
>being PCI-E also has dual tuners.

It's things like "close to having a working Linux driver" that puts
people off !

What's the "plug and play" situation with S2 cards ? Eg, how many of
them would work on a plain install from (eg) MythBuntu ?

I'd be tempted to stick with an older card for the moment, and add an
S2 card later - I can't see too many muxes going S2 too soon. Though
I guess that depends on one's skills in putting together a recent
enough set of bits for full support.

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it.
This is NOT the same thing as the printer drivers to load on the
computer - there's no problem there.
If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd be grateful -
requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...