[mythtv-users] Graphic cards supporting VDPAU and sound over HDMI
maillist.peter at home.se
Wed Mar 17 14:38:08 UTC 2010
I have a motherboard with onboard GPU (6150) and am about to buy a
new graphic card. I have search the MythTV documentation/Wiki and
this maillist but have not found answers to all my questions.
The machine is a dedicated BE/FE and is not intended for anything
but MythTV. I would be very happy if someone could answer me.
I would like support for Advanced 2x de-interlacer on 1080p content.
- Will either GT220 or GT240 do the work or is GT240 overkill?
- Is 512 Mbyte more than enough or should I go for 1024 Mbyte?
- Will I notice any differences within MythTV if the card has GDDR5
instead of GDDR3 or is GDDR3 fast enough?
My motherboard has an S/PDIF connector which is now connected to my
receiver. I would prefer to replace this with sound over HDMI.
- Is support for sound over HDMI reliable and do almost any graphic
card with a HDMI connector have support for sound as well?
- Any special manufacturers to recommend or advice against?
More information about the mythtv-users