[mythtv-users] Graphic cards supporting VDPAU and sound over HDMI

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Wed Mar 17 14:38:08 UTC 2010

Hello!

I have a motherboard with onboard GPU (6150) and am about to buy a
new graphic card. I have search the MythTV documentation/Wiki and
this maillist but have not found answers to all my questions.

The machine is a dedicated BE/FE and is not intended for anything
but MythTV. I would be very happy if someone could answer me.

I would like support for Advanced 2x de-interlacer on 1080p content.

- Will either GT220 or GT240 do the work or is GT240 overkill?

- Is 512 Mbyte more than enough or should I go for 1024 Mbyte?

- Will I notice any differences within MythTV if the card has GDDR5
  instead of GDDR3 or is GDDR3 fast enough?

My motherboard has an S/PDIF connector which is now connected to my
receiver. I would prefer to replace this with sound over HDMI.

- Is support for sound over HDMI reliable and do almost any graphic
  card with a HDMI connector have support for sound as well?

- Any special manufacturers to recommend or advice against?

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson