[mythtv-users] Tricks for getting FusionHDTV5 USB Gold working?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Wed Mar 17 12:14:52 UTC 2010

Lee Koloszyc [pantslessape at gmail.com] wrote:
> I have been using one on my box for a few years and haven't really had
> any problems with it on both Cox and Verizon.  Have you verified that
> the signal strength is good? That sounds like the problems I was
> having with Cox before I added an amplifier.  Another option to

I second the suggestion to check the signal strength.  I had the same
problem with TWC and a FusionHDTV5 Gold.  It seems to require more
signal than my other tuners (AirStar HD5000, Pinnacle 800i, HDHR) when
doing QAM.  Oddly, I haven't noticed signal strength issues since I
dropped cable and went OTA.  It actually has quite good OTA reception,
on par with HD5000 and the 800i, and far better than the HDHR.