[mythtv-users] USB to Serial Adapter cable for IR Blaster?

Gary Buhrmaster gary_buhrmaster at usa.net
Wed Mar 17 06:29:46 UTC 2010

Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> Note that I have *NOT* yet built this....

I breadboarded the design this evening, and it seems
to work.  Standard disclaimers apply:

  0) Testing involved a breadboard design.
     (I have not made a final solder/heat shrink
     prototype that I can be happy with, nor put
     it into an extended test cycle).
  1) Testing involved a 60 second test only.
     (irsend works and issues the keypress specified.)
  2) I have not performed any voltage/current
     (limit) testing to insure that the device
     is operating withing the silicon manufacturer
     specifications.
  3) I take *no* responsibility (nor can I take
     credit) for anyone who chooses to duplicate
     the design and for whom it works, or
     does not work, nor if the design breaks
     one or more devices it is plugged into.
     (You break it, you own it.)
  4) Neither manufacturer (the blaster or the
     DTA) has approved the design.  (Any questions,
     refer to disclaimer item 3.)
  5) I *may* choose to answer questions regarding
     the design, and then again, I may not.  My
     choice (not yours).  If I do not answer, it
     is probably not personal.  (I have a real
     job, and other responsibilities, and sometimes
     they interfere with my play.)

YMWV.