[mythtv-users] IR blaster missing channel changes - Scientific Atlanta 3250

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 05:21:54 UTC 2010

I can't seem to get the blaster to change the channel consistently.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it just misses a digit or two which
naturally makes me miss a show. I've messed around with the delay
making it fast and slower and I still end up with channel change
issues. I tried blasting "select" before I did the change channel as
my issue has a bit of a feel of the STB going into a sleep mode since
it feels like the first digit comes up slow and then the rest of the
digits really come up fast (current sleep is 0.9 sec in the
change_chan script). I also thought it was a priority issue so I added
"nice" to the irsend change channel command to see if I could increase
it's priority. This didn't help as well. Thought about adding nice to
lirc but I haven't tried this yet. I posted about this before and I
thought I would just go firewire but when I went to hook it up the box
doesn't have any firewire port and it isn't HD so I couldn't force the
cable company to give me one with firewire.

Any suggestions?