[mythtv-users] OT: lirc broken in kernel-2.6.32.9-70.fc12

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Wed Mar 17 01:32:40 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 16 March 2010 12:59:58 pm Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Harry Orenstein <holists at verizon.net>
wrote:
> > On Monday 15 March 2010 11:13:17 pm Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
> >> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=162023
> >>
> >> contains copious amounts of lirc updateage and fixage... (including
> >> restoring the lirc_i2c fix, some more mceusb device IDs, and a hefty
> >> update to the imon driver).
> >
> > You are a gentleman and a scholar, a man integrity, perspicacity and all
> > other qualities which are indigenous to few.
>
> Hah, amusingly, I had to look up perspicacity. Always good to know my
> efforts are appreciated. :)
>
> > On a slightly more serious note... thanks!
>
> So does that mean all is well again with the test kernel? I've got at
> least one more lirc_zilog bug to fix, and possibly another lirc_imon
> one, but a 2.6.32.10 kernel is likely to head towards updates in the
> relatively near future, which would have at least the lirc code in
> that kernel, but I need to know ASAP if there's more work required
> anywhere to have a shot at it being in an official update kernel soon.

I loaded the 2.6.32.10 test kernel from the link you provided and the extract
from dmesg now looks like this:

# dmesg | grep lirc_i2c
lirc_i2c: chip 0x0 found @ 0x18 (Hauppauge IR)
i2c ir driver 1-0018: lirc_dev: driver lirc_i2c registered at minor = 0

So I guess it worked!  Thanks again!

-- Harry O.